spoon

Recent Recipes

Salt & Pepper Tofu Puffs

0

Category :

Photobucket


This week I wanted to do something different with my tofu especially with tofu puffs. As you know me, the only time I used tofu puffs is when I need to do stew but I thought I want to do something new for my own skill. Of course frying tofu puffs is nothing special at all as you can get it anywhere at any restaurants but not in my kitchen. Not really a challenge at all. EASY AND DELICOUS!!!

That is why I’m sharing this recipe with you guys. Good for party as you can just use your fingers. I love it and I think you will too.

INGREDIENTS:
2 X 190G (6 ½ oz) packets fried tofu puffs
2 Cups (250g / 8oz) cornflour
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon ground white pepper
2 teaspoons caster sugar
4 egg whites, lightly beaten
Oil, for deep-frying
½ cup (125ml/4 fl oz) sweet chilli sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Lemon wedges, to serve

Method:
1. Cut the tofu puffs in half and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Mix the cornflour, salt, pepper and caster sugar in a large bowl.
3. Dip the tofu into the egg white in batches, then toss in the cornflour mixture, shaking off any excess.
4. Fill a deep heavy-based saucepan or wok one-third full of oil and heat until a cube of bread dropped into oil browns in 15 seconds. Cook the tofu in batches for 1-2 minutes, or until crisp. Drain well on paper towels.
5. Place the sweet chilli sauce and lemon juice in a bowl and mix together well. Serve immediately with tofu puffs and lemon wedges.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest! What make me satisfy the most are having good foods from street to fine dining at any city! And when I want an escape from my stressful world, I tend to see myself in the kitchen making yummy foods. Always welcome guinea pig to taste my new recipes…..

Followers